Friday, November 21, 2008

Wend-am) crossfit--pm) mtb ride at haw ridge with defur and blake. felt pretty good, I can tell i have not been on a mtb in a while, technical skills were slow to catch up.

Thurs: am) trail run 2x2:40 (2 min rec) 2x4:00 (2 min rec) this is a crossfitendurance.com workout. It does not look tough but it hurt...i did the intervals as out and backs, the hills were great going down and burned going up. I really focused on high leg turnover, i tried to keep the same pace on all runs. I did a 10 min warm up and got into the workout, the cooldown I was crushed!!
pm) rode from the old Bi-Lo with defur on the x bike. My legs were heavy, we picked up the pace on the way back pretty good. I was going to go to crossfit but decided to take it to the house. My body was telling me to take it easy. So I decided to take a day off today. i have not taken a day off in a while...got to listen to the body.

Team New Balance is reassembling for a run at 2009!! We are going to do Sandman Adv Race on Jan 24th, stover and defur did it last year and finished 9th in the open pro division. This race is only 6hrs but it is in some BIG mountains.
Wifey and I have decided to go do Lookout Mtn 10k on Dec 20th. We have to go to my grandparents that day which is just over the mountain. I have been wanting to run this mtn for a whie so this race will be perfect.

from crossfit knoxville--good training advise.....
Words of Wisdom" (thanks matt and cheri)Intensity and technique are not at odds. Intensity is relative, technique is not. We believe, as CrossFit teaches, that when embarking on a CrossFit routine there are three steps. 1) Learn the mechanics of the movements. This is very important for your safety and future improved fitness. 2) Be consistent. Consistently display great form while preforming movements and do at least three WOD's a week. 3) Then, and only then, add intensity for optimizing results.Keep these in mind when getting psyched for the daily WOD; mechanics, consistency and then intensity. Measure yourself against yourself and you decide if you are increasing your real world work capacity.

Drew
Phil 4:13

No comments: