Saturday, November 29, 2008

CF WORKS!!

Well if there was ever a doubt about if CF/CFE works or not..I can just put that thought to bed. I am always a skeptic when it comes to most things, especially training. I need to expiernence something myself before I am bought in. This past turkey day morning wife and I did Autumnfest 8K. By looking at the reslults from last year i wanted to finish somewhere in 100-150 the place. The numbers around these spots were 8 min or so pace per mile. I usually fall right in these times.
I put myself up in the front of the 800 or so crowd so I could stay out of all the people. At the first mile I realize I am running with a bunch of "real runners" come thru there at 6:00 min mile. I thought not good..not good..I am going to die if I keep this up for the entite race. So, I decided to pull back a lil and settle into a good pace. Mile 2 12:50, OK..that feels a lil better. Mile 3 19:21...OK..not bad..but damn it..now I'm in a group again..the pace actually settled down a lil. I knew they were holding out for the final kick. So, I feel into a good hard pace. At the bridge i decided if nobody went I was going to attack and see what I had left in the tank. I kept thinking 1 more mile...whats 6-7 mins anyway..your gonna hurt might as well hurt a lil more. I knew from all the CF WODS and CFE intervals, I could handle a lil more pain..At the bridge I cranked it up a few knotches, after about 30 seceonds I looked behind me and POOF...I'm gone! They did not go with me, so I pressed hard all the way to the finish and to my surprise the finishing clock read 32:33. HOLY S%#$!!!! That cant be right..I look at my watch and my watch says 32:33 as well. I ended up averaging a 6:30 pace for the 5 miles. I finished 39th out of 800 plus runners. This time may not be impressive for some 5'8 140lb runner, but its pretty freakin good for a 6'2 208lb mountain biker who only trained running thru CF and CFE. I was blown away at this performance. I was not the only one to PR this run that CF's, J fish PR'd by about 5 mins and has not ran a step other than CF.
Wifey ran the 5 miles in around 47 mins, she did awesome!! She said she could have kept that pace for another hour or so. Marathon in her future???? We will have to see...

No comments: