Thursday, January 22, 2009

1-21-09

Filthy Fifties"
For Time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders/tuck jumps

Holy ouch my freakin legs!!!!!!!!! This was just plain PAIN!!!!
Finished in 26:37...I was pretty happy with my time considering I was within 3 mins of a Navy Seal/MMA guy and another former pro football/MMA guy. This average joe weekend warrior will take my time and be damn glad its over!!! My legs did not want to work today at all, I missed the 1st box jump...yes the first box jump. But I recovered and just plowed thru this WOD.
Going out this afternoon and trying out my new Power Tap on my trusty steed. Looking forward to training with this new torture device.

For clarification on some of my abbrevations for some of the CF WOD ( crossfit workout of the day) I am going to try and post some pics or vidoes of some exercises so peeps can see what they are. A burpee is probably one of the worst exercises I have ever stumbled upon. It fairly easy to understand but difficult to do.
1) start standing uprite
2)drop to your hands with legs bent
3)move feet back to a pushup postion
4) do a pushup-chest touches ground-arms locked out at top
5)pull feet underneath you as if you were in a duck crawl position
6)now jump up-explode upwards while clapping your hands over you head
7)and start all over....
try 20 of these and enjoy the kick on the "junk" that the burpee serves up!!!!

1 comment:

Brad said...

You sure are slinging alot of steel around! I just got a power wheel from monkeybargym.com. It will roast the core and then some. I'm interested to see how CrossFit sets you up for the big one in November! Talk to you soon pal.