Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Big week

Next week is PMBAR, needless to say I am not prepared for this race but a lil suffering never hurt anybody. Last friday evening I was able to get in a 3:30 hour mtb ride with Defur at Haw Ridge, then saturday morning Mark and I climbed the parkway, total time was 3 hours. I guess we got in about 50 miles or so...but the climbing was tough. I needed to get this ride in on tired legs. I was able to keep my HR around 160 while climbing. I am happy about this cause last year I was up around 170 beats. We did not fly up the mountain but we were keeping a good pace. Sunday I spun around the greenways on the SS 29er with the wife, she beat me up a climb...but i got her on the descent!!! Monday I swam 1000 meters, broke it up with 50 and 100 repeats. Overall my stroke felt better, considering I have not swam that much since last summer. I got in a good weight session 2x15 reps chest,shoulders,arms and alot of core work. And my all time favorite Pull ups....3X20. Tuesday ran on the treadmill (boring) but my foot is still trying to recover from sesmoiditis. I hurt it last year training for knox marathon but still managed to struggle thru an adv race or two. Anyway 25 mins on treadmill of 1 min hills at 8min per mile then 1:30 at 10 min mile on flats. I planned to swim for 700 meters afterwards to stretch out but my arm was a little sore for some reason so i got in 400 and called it a day.
Had to miss the Knox mtb series tonight, i would like to have went but not in the cards. I wanted to use this as a LT training session but i may get up early and go hard at concord in the morning.
I have to go to my buddys wedding in Ohio this weekend so no riding this weekend. I am going to try and ride as much as I can this week. My goal is 2 hard interval session 5-8x 2-5 min climbing and the other day 60-90 min sub LT on road bike. Try for 1 more run this week, and 2 more pool seesions. But well see.......
Drew

2 comments:

swede said...

Drew!

Looks good so far! You need to include "the" pic!

Thomas said...

Drew you'll do fine at PMBAR, quit your worrying.
Oh and, Nice blog!