Monday, May 14, 2007

Tellico Rides








The last couple of days have been great! Saturday Murray, Stover and 1 Speed went to Madisonville for some good ol road miles. We park at Fort Loudon Park and headed towards Tellico River. We kept a good pace rotating like a bunch of MTBers on road bikes, no real order just organized chaos. Only kidding but we rode around some beautiful country. It had been a while since I rode "out in the country." Living in the Tri Cities, I always rode waaaaaay out in the sticks and until Saturday I didn't realize how boring my current road routes were. Our destination was Bald River Falls, we made a few turns and was into Gods country in no time. We rode parallel to the Tellico River and on some very tight roads. Good long climbs, not steep, just steady. Once we got to the falls, we hung out for a minute and Jeff's Garmin said 32 miles, so with this being an out and back, we should get 64ish miles. Jeff said it should be about 65 miles or so we were right on track. On the way back my legs started to cramp a lil, so I thought maybe go on a brake explode the legs and once they catch me, just roll back to the car. Well, off I went, tongue out head down and flyin. I felt real good, legs were good and snappy. I looked back once and saw them lined up and cruising about a .25 mile back. So harder I go, there was lactic acid all over the place. After about an hour into this "attack" i was thinking surly they should have caught me by now. Then I started to look around and I didn't recognize anything. I asked a guy in his yard where I was and evidently I missed my turn a while back. I hobbled by broken ass back to HWY 360 and made my way back towards the car. I was dying, hot, almost out of water, and then like a night in shining armour here comes a Honda CRV loaded with bikes, I'M SAVED!!!!! I'm saved by a bunch of chuckling smart asses. "Beer's are on me, I'm the jackass!" was my response to the giggling and smiles. But oh well, at least the guys had an excuse now for the wives as the reason they are about an hour and half late. I guess I got in around 70 miles or so. So much for keeping the HR low and getting in an long aerobic ride. *Note to self: If you decided to take off from the group, know where the F*%k your going*


Sunday was a day on the lake with the family. What a way to spend Mothers Day, great weather and even better company. We wake boarded all day, and today I'm a lil sore. But no worry's I got my message chair on Sunday, OH SOOOOOOO NICE!!!!!!


I enjoyed the ride so much on Saturday that I went back and rode in Tellico after work today. I was working down there anyway so I packed the bike and met the BIG OVE for a lil recovery ride. We got in 30 miles in 2 hours, this was Parkers longest ride of the year so I was excited to be there with him. He is progressing very fast, we hooked up with a local guy who showed us some new routes off our ride. We had a good time, took alot of pictures. We rode past Bald River Falls for about 10 miles or so, the scenery was incredible. I got to see Baby Falls, which Parker has ran in a open boat and a kayak. He was showing me alot of good runs on the river. After the ride we ate at the Diner, I must say "one of the best burgers ever."


Good Times

Do you think OVE loves beer??

Drew

1 comment:

Big Ove said...

Oh yes the Big Ove does love beer. In fact, he is drinking one while he types this message. Thanks Drew for taking me on the best rides. I couldn't ask for better company. I will ride with you on any recovery day! Thanks for being an inspiration.