Saturday, May 12, 2007

feeling better

This week has been rather rough, due to the "lethal PISGAH burrito" incident, and PMBAR. I have not had much motivation this week to do anything. I tried to spin on monday but barely mad it 20 minues. On wendesday, I picked up some ERGON grips from Tim at CBC, and decided I needed to try them out. So I went to the ridge for a quick spin. The parking lot was packed, I ran into some fellow PMBAR participants. 1 speed and Apking were getting ready to take off, but I thought it was best to ride alone. My legs were feeling very heavy, so I just rode around and tried to get used to the new grips. On thursday I went out for a good trail run, I did soccer, up and over ridge, middle, lake and west shore. Overall good run, hiked the hills, my foot felt pretty good. Mick is going to do a gait analysis next week, to see if there is something he can change with my slog. I am getting ready to go meet Stover, Jeff, Thomas for a 60-70 mile road ride out in Loudon. Looking forward to putting in some good base miles in.

Stover and Jeff had to DNF at PMBAR, stover's BLUR had some problems. I hate that this happened to them but they were not the only ones. From what I heard alot of teams had to DNF due to various reasons. Brad and I both lost our brakes so we had to walk just about every trail for the last 3 hours or so. Shawn and Ivory rocked PMBAR, finishing in the top 15, and Thomas and Eric had an impressive 22nd. I'm glad somebody from Knoxville had a strong race, cause we just wanted to survive. This was my first time riding at Pisgah so it was all new to me. On satuday night I said I would not be back.....but on sunday during my GI explosion, I cant recall who asked me this but, they asked was it worth it..."if i knew yesterday morning I would finish this race and get horrible food poisoing .....I would have still done it" What a great feeling of accomplishment.
Desire brings PAIN

No comments: